~~General Position Summary:
For over 35 years, The Music People, Inc. has been a highly respected national business-to-business distributor of musical accessories and pro-audio equipment to music retailers and sound contractors across the country. We were recently named one of the top workplaces in the state of Connecticut. We are currently seeking a Sales Manager with management experience to join our team. She/he directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. They establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base and contribute to the development of training and educational programs for sales representatives. The ideal candidate is a project manager with excellent employee management abilities.
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing
The Sales Manager will manage a team of experienced Pro Audio sales staff. The sales manager will establish accountability for his/her team and will be expected to drive customer acquisition, expand existing customer purchases, and secure repeat sales.
You are entrusted with the responsibility of developing and successfully implementing a comprehensive sales and marketing plan which would increase revenues and profits. The ideal candidate is a project manager with a business development mentality and focus that possesses excellent communication skills.
The sales manager will:
• Coach and develop sales representatives (demonstrate appropriate sales skills and how to manage the sales process)
• Conducts one-on-one reviews with all sales representatives to enhance communications, to understand training and developmental needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of sales representative sales and profitability performance.
• Develops and implements telesales campaign programs and procedures to ensure that the overall sales revenue and profit objectives are met.
• Designs and implements cross sell, up-sell, and incentive programs to increase performance results.
• Establish Accountability - set sales, activity, and behavioral expectations for his/her sales team (collectively and individually)
• Ensures that all sales representatives meet or exceed all forecasted sales numbers, profit goals, and outbound calls.
• Management of what the company’s best interest is vs. the best interest of the sales representative.
• Analyzes data and runs reports to draw conclusions on areas of weakness. The sales manager will use this information to train and implement new programs to meet or exceed TMP expectations.
• Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding sales team performance.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry practices and trends and implements new technology, programs and processes to continually increase the success of the company's telesales initiatives and overall growth.
• Works closely with internal departments to develop and implement solutions that increase efficiency.
• Leadership ability, entrepreneurial attitude, professionalism and a team player.
• Strong Communication (verbal and written) skills that demonstrate the ability to effectively interact in TMP’s best interest with internal and external parties.
• Able to motivate different personalities and styles.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) and a variety of Web-based search tools for tracking and reporting.
• Strong training and presentation skills.
• Quick learner- ability to move into an opportunity while learning a new product line.
• Analytical with a strong attention to detail and organization skills
• Strong evaluator of talent and motivator of sales personnel
We will rely on your leadership to keep our sales team growing. The Music People offer a progressive compensation package, 401(k), multiple health care options, and periodic bonuses.